• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

I want to have a cell on one worksheet update each month based on another cell. Offset?

wnorrick

I am sure this is a very easy solution and my brain is just not working today. I have a attached a sample workbook that will be used for a very simple monthly financial report and a simple quarterly report. i am trying to make it very easy for the treasurer to complete this each month. My idea was to have her drop in the receipts and expenses on the Monthly summary worksheet and they will populate to the one temporarily called monthly report template. So far everything is working okay so that all she has to do is the month in d16 and it will pull income and expenses for that month. My problem is i would like to pull the ending bank balance from the prior month (column c on the Monthly summary worksheet) so it is the beginning balance for the new month. If i can do that she just has to enter 3 cells each month. Would offset be an option. I am struggling with an answer and can't seem to get offset to work. Please help. Wanda

Attachments

• Treasurers-Report-Summary sample file.xlsx
    181.2 KB · Views: 4
In cell e23:

=INDEX('Monthly Summary'!$C$21:$C$32,MATCH($D$16,'Monthly Summary'!$B$21:$B$32)-1)

See attached.

But it will fail in January each year.

Attachments

• wnorrick1.xlsx
    181.5 KB · Views: 7
Back