• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to change Pivot table value fields from a dashboard?

Ravi Dawar

Fellow members,

My raw data is in the following format (it's a forecast of next four years for different automotive brands across different countries) -

upload_2017-2-21_12-47-15.png

I created a pivot table that looks like this -

upload_2017-2-21_12-51-1.png

Then I created a dashboard that lists all these automakers and the numbers for next four years (after doing some more calculations related to my work).

Now, I want to somehow add a button or some control field in the dashboard for different countries. E.g. If i click USA, I see only USA data (2017-2020), If I click Canada, the pivot table removes the four value fields for USA and add the corresponding fields for Canada and so on and this refreshes my dashboard that is referencing the pivot table fields.

Is there a way to do it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-21_12-50-55.png
    upload_2017-2-21_12-50-55.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
Your raw data isn't in ideal format for PivotTable.

If you have access to PowerQuery, I'd first unpivot the table and add calculated column(s) to identify each line item with Country etc.

To get better help from members. I'd recommend uploading sanitized data that mirrors your raw data set up.

Back