• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How do I Copy formula from C20:C50000 quickly

I can not remember the short cut how to copy and paste formula from say C20:C50000 without holding the mouse down all the time. Can someone tell me how to copy and paste formula quickly to the bottom of my spreadsheet?

This is what I am trying to copy from C:20 to C:50000

=SUMPRODUCT((AE20:AH20<>1)*(AE19:AH19=1),AE20:AH20)

Thanks

I can not remember the short cut how to copy and paste formula from say C20:C50000 without holding the mouse down all the time. Can someone tell me how to copy and paste formula quickly to the bottom of my spreadsheet?

This is what I am trying to copy from C:20 to C:50000

=SUMPRODUCT((AE20:AH20<>1)*(AE19:AH19=1),AE20:AH20)

Thanks
hi jack not sure but what u want to know a keyboard shortcut?

press from c2 "ctrl+shift+down arrow key" then copy it and paste where u want.

What I am trying to do is copy this formula =SUMPRODUCT((AE20:AH20<>1)*(AE19:AH19=1),AE20:AH20) all the way down to C:500000 without having to drag the mouse all the way down to the last cell

of course as it progresses it will change from AE:20 TO AE:21 ...AE:22 and so on

every answer on line says to drag the + symbol in the lower right hand corner of the cell and drag the box or copy and paste the formula to each cell. I know there is a way to place the code in the box in the upper left corner and have it go to that destination but I forget how

I remembered how and thought I would share with those that may not know

Select AE20

Enter "AE20:awesome:50000" in the name box (at the top left)
Hold down the Shift key and tap the Enter key.
(you now have the data entry field selected)
Type your formula
Hold down the Ctrl key and tap the Enter key

Hi Jack,

Did you try Double Clicking on the bottom left corner of the cell you want to copy. If you place you cursor on that corner until it turns into a +, you can then double click the plus and it will copy all the way down.

Hi Jack,

Did you try Double Clicking on the bottom left corner of the cell you want to copy. If you place you cursor on that corner until it turns into a +, you can then double click the plus and it will copy all the way down.

I did not know this. Thank you!!!

Jack

Just a caveat on Kchiba's comment. If your data is broken by blank whole lines this will not go to the bottom of the range. It will go down as far as the first break. Another reason to keep your data tabular with no breaks, just like a database.

Take care

Smallman

Hi Jack,

OMG....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!! Saves me a lot of time

curious how do you copy rows that skip every other row quickly?

OMG....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!! Saves me a lot of time

curious how do you copy rows that skip every other row quickly?

Similarly.

Create a temporary helper column adjacent to where you want to have your formula rows and fill it in using the name box as you suggested earlier. Then select the formula row and one blank row below it and then double click on the + sign at the corner of your selection. Then delete your helper column.

Similarly.

Create a temporary helper column adjacent to where you want to have your formula rows and fill it in using the name box as you suggested earlier. Then select the formula row and one blank row below it and then double click on the + sign at the corner of your selection. Then delete your helper column.
Thanks!

Back