• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Helping combing cells from multiple worksheets into one

Sioux

My excel use is very basic. I created my first macro about two weeks ago. I am good at following directions. I deal with contracts. I have a file that had a tab for each month. Each month when a contract starts or is terminated it is listed. I need to pull all the information into a separate tab. I have thirty different files and 12 months in each file. They aren't all in a row on the spread sheet. Some months have more or less than others. I need help if something is in my column N it needs to pull information from that line to my 1st sheet. (like job # customer name, revenue etc.) That would be for my new contracts. If something is in column T I need to pull information from that line to my 1st sheet. ( I deleted my customer names for privacy) I have attached one month's worth of data because each month has the same format. I've been searching online and can't seem to find anything that fits what I need or my basic understanding. :)

Attachments

• example.xlsx
    271.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi Sioux, and welcome to the forum.

Looks like quite a project in front of you! It sounds like we need to merge/combine the data from the different sheets into a single location. This will take some Visual Basic (VB) macros to accomplish. THankfully, there's several wonderful, already written macros we can use. Take a look at this site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section3.htm

Ron has several templates to choose from, which you can pick to match your layout. Then, if you read through the macro (I know it can be overwhelming, but bear with me), pay attention to the green lines. These are comments that Ron has included, which help tell you in plain English what the code is doing, and where, if needed, you'll need to make adjustements.

Back