• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help needed to kickstart with my excel problem

Mithun

Scenario: we have 1 excel sheet with several worksheets inside(no vba implemented so far) already populated with the data.
For e.g.,
worksheet 1: Has a table has entries with respect to one columnname, say componentId. hence, there are many componentIds but same componentId may be repeated
worksheet 2: Has a table has entries (may be common or different entries as compared to worksheet 1) with respect to one unique columnname, say componentId. hence, there are many componentIds but non-repeatable
worksheet 3: table has some different information but any one column may be common if compared to worksheet 1 & 2
worksheet 4: in a particular format, some project information are given(like start date and end date and then breakdown of the efforts into different phases of project like design, coding, testing, etc)
worksheet 5: currently empty. but new project details may be entered here with the same format as in worksheet 4
worksheet 6: completed projects information but with the same format as in worksheet 4
worksheet 7: some small works/enhancements/evolutions(not a project but changes on the existing project) entries should be entered
My need:
1/ How would I do if I want to insert a new entry in worksheet 1 & 2 together taking inputs from the user?
2/ How would I do if I want to insert a new entry in worksheet 5 taking inputs from the user in the same format as in worksheet 4?
3/ How would I do if I want to insert a new entry only in worksheet 2 alone taking inputs from the user?
4/ 3 graphical representations(may be we can call it a dashboard). first for worksheet 1(not for all columns but for any pre-defined 2 columns), lets say, how many projects delivered per month & for worksheet , second considering the worksheet 6 & 7, third for say for some latest news (which we can fill it separately and dynamically it is shown in the graph)

Attachments

• sample.xls
    349.5 KB · Views: 7
Back