• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hello .. Introduce yourself

Hello all,
Great site you have here. I absolutely love this site.

Very thought provoking as well as practical. Keep it up.

Hello,

I found this site through google, I have been pulling my hair out with an excel question and google keeps sending me in circles so I thought I would make an account and see if someone can help.

Hi,

I'm Ionut, from Romania. I've just joined this forum after reading numerous tips on this website, that have helped me improve my abilities in excel.
I hope i can find more things to learn from you guys, and give back some of the things i know about excel aswell

I am a great fan of Excel and an avid reader of Chandoo.org. Being an IT proffessional I work on Excel day in and day out. I like to automate stuff. I have written quite a few macros, built some applications using VBA, created custom tool bars etc. Chandoo.org keeps playing a major role in my ever increasing love of Excel. Other sources that I use for building my Excel knowledge are ExcelsFun videos, Ron De Bruin's site and ofcourse Google. Though I have been reading this blog for over a couple of years I never joined the forum (don't know why :confused:). I hope now I am in a position to contribute something back via this forum.

Hi there Chandoo,

I just joined your forum. I'm an accountant but I've been working with excel and vba for many years but there's always new things to learn and the forums seem to be the best way.

Regards
Costas

So, here I thought I was "all that" with Excel, BUT NO! I am humbled by my lack of knowledge and really excited to become awesome (in Excel). Looking forward to many helpful hints and guidance. Cheers Chandoo! :DD

Hello All ,

I am Aaditya from India. Working with one of the automobile MNC in India in SCM . i have been following chandoo's blog quite often . Thanks for sharing all the posts it has really helped me a lot.

being an SCM professional , analyzing data is a crucial task for me . It ultimately helps to take the decsions. Here to learn more and more of excel and macros.

Thanks.. :)

Aaditya

Hi all

I have been a reader of Chandoo.org for nearly 2 years and have solved some work related issues with advice from this site.

I live in the lovely Australian state of Tasmania and work for the Commonwealth Government in a Business Analyst role.

Hello, I have just joined the Forum. I have been using excel for a few years and would like to learn by asking questions and maybe help other where I can.

Hi

I am Raju Krishnan. I am usig excel for a lot of analysis and MIS reports. Though I am not an expert, I learn what I want using excel help and through Forum like yours. Am always looking for techniques to do my job more efficiently.

Raju

Hi

I am Murugan. I am using excel for almost 10 years and i have implemented more automations in Dashboard, Reporting, Data Entry (using access and / or MySql backend with excel userform front end). Now I am in the managment cadre in my office and hardly use excel. In order to stay in touch with excel i have joined this forum.

Thanks
Murugan

Hello, I am Milind Koranne, Chandoo's fan....... Using excel since18-20 years.......... previously Lotus 123....!
I am Grad Engineer in Mechanical, having 22 years Industrial experience.

Hello all, new to this Forum.. not so very smart when it comes to excel, I joined because I have a problem and I don't know where to go to solve it.

I want to build a website. I manufacture things. I want people to answer 6 questions and be given a price for what they want online. Then have a shopping cart process the order and I get emailed the answers to the six questions and the calculated price, with the customers details.

I have a spreadsheet that calculates the price. I want to find someone who can connect the data from the 6 questions to the spreadsheet and have the spreadsheet provide the price.

I understand I can build an SQL database from the output of the spreadsheet, which is takes time and is costly. I also can upload a spreadsheet to the cloud, which I do not want to, for security reasons. I also can get the spreadsheet to dump out a pile of numbers and connect those numbers via a php script to the website and give the answer. This last one I want to do as I am told this is relatively easy to do.

A friend, who is a whiz at this, did a dummy web page to demonstrate the feasibility of it but does not have the time to do it for me and I did not get any hints on where to go to find someone to do this for me.

So, here is my first enquiry on the subject. Can anyone point me to people who are skilled at this?

Hello,

I'm Ludo, Frenchman living in Ireland and working at Amazon

I consider myself as a false beginner in Excel and I'm always thrilled to improve my skills.

This website is the one I was looking for to start again learning from scratch to explore this fabulous tool.

I'm interested in obviously Excel, Android, Time Management and English (my pronunciation is not great and I struggle when I have to speak).
I was glad to hear Chandoo is also a listener of Michael Hyatt podcast :)

I am happy to be part of this awesome community!

Hello hello.

I'm Richard Snider, an information designer languishing in a construction office. I design spreadsheet applications for professionals and small businesses, mostly within the construction industry. Excel is my sandbox, my design tool, my playground, my first tech love.

Best,

-Rich

Hi, Iam nagesh from india
How do u sum top 5 numbers from a sample.
For example from a sample of 1 to 10 i need the sum of top 5 number i.e 10+9+8+7+6+5
do u have the formula for the same

EDITED (SirJB7)
Forum not available for posting questions, please read the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

As if Excel isn't intimidating enough...now this forum! I will do my best to follow the forum rules but for all the Chandoos' of the world...please be patient with the less fortunate...:)

EBS

Hi,

I am Lalit from Mumbai. Working as a Data Analyst. Dealing with heavy excel files on a daily basis.

Want to learn about Macros and VBA. This site is a good resource for learning.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I was a programmer years ago and am teaching myself VBA by trial and error. The information on this website is excellent and I really appreciate everyone helping those of us less knowledgeable. Thanks in advance for your help and tutelage!

Just joined Chandoo a week ago, from Australia but living and working in Seattle. I do not enjoy working with numbers particularly, so more and more I appreciate how Excel can speed up my work. I'm hoping to (i) take online courses here and (ii) reach out to members for help with specific problems. I'm an advanced beginner who needs to learn Vlookup, more about pivot tables, conditional formatting etc. Thank you!

Hello,

I am excited to see this forum as I have gotten a lot of great tips from Chandoo.org and look forward to learning more. Keep up the great work!

I am ajeer, this site look fantastic, i am exited to learn excela and VBA, hope this site will to fullfill the same.

Thanks
Ajeer

Back