• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula to show contents of another cell (Search)

Shazz

Hi All,

I have a database that I have adapted to be an employee database, I have the below formula in D14:U14, it works absolutely fine except it does not show any format or links that are in the original cell.

Does anyone know how to adapt the formula to to include these?

=IF($A3="","",IF(INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),R$1)="","",INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),R$1)))

Appreciate anyones help.

Shazz
xx

Hi Shazz, Formulae do not pull or extract formats or links..probably if you can share a sample file along with the required output..members here will be in a better positioned to help you

Here is a screen print of the database, unfortunately it is too large to upload and I have no idea how to decrease the size.

This is the formula in Cell V14
=IF($A3="","",IF(INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),R$1)="","",INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),R$1)))

upload_2015-3-4_12-51-8.png

Here is the uploaded example, i saved it as a macro enabled workbook to reduce the size, i hope it opens ok.

Shazz

Attachments

• Example.xlsm
    143.1 KB · Views: 6
O14:
=IF($A3="","",HYPERLINK(IF(INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),O$1)="","",INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),O$1))))

Copy down

I'm not sure about Column V as that isn't a link

Hi Hui,

That works as to show it is a link but when I click on the email address it says "Cant open the specified file",

column V will also be a link to a document (PDF) not an email address, how do I adapt the forumla for that cell??

Shazz
x

Back