• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel 2007 "FALSE" statement

Bobk

Need help debugging these formulas:
=IF($D$27="aetna",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J28,codes[#Data],2,FALSE),"")))&IF($D$27="delta",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J28,codes[#Data],2,FALSE),"")))

=IF($D$27="aetna",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J28,codes[#Data],3,FALSE),"")))&IF($D$27="delta",(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J28,codes[#Data],4,FALSE),"")))

when entered, I get the word "FALSE" appearing either at front or back of answer, depending on which choice I make in D27.
Any help is appreciated.

Hi Bob,

All I can see you are concatenating two IF with logical expression checking for two different words in the same cell. Now that cell can hold only one word either "aetna" or "delta", in that case your first or second IF will go into FALSE condition and since you have not specified any thing in FALSE value of IF's it is returning a FALSE.

Put a "" (null string) to avoid that FALSE.

Regards,

Hi,
Just a guess without a sample file :)

I think it is "&" sing causing problem, and you can use single IFERROR instead of 2:

=IFERROR(IF($D$27="aetna",VLOOKUP(J28,codes[#Data],2,FALSE),IF($D$27="delta",VLOOKUP(J28,codes[#Data],2,FALSE),"")),"")

If it is not you're looking for, I stand with SM.

Regards,

Just realized my above formula need to be fine tuned...
Better formula can be provided if we get more info, else please ignore.

Thanks for replying,
Got rid of the )& and replaced with a comma (,) and then added a right paren ")" at the end.
Works great.

Back