• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Equal Distribution

vijay.vizzu

Hi..all

I am puzzled with one question. I need to prepare a planning Template, in which as per the production qty, inventory qty should be distributed equllay to other cells. For example

I have a inventory stock of a item AA is 1000, and my daily production requirement is 100. So the 1000 qty should be distributed equally to cells, that is 10 cells should be filled with 100 qty.

I tried a formula, but unable to get the requirement.. So please suggest me ..

Regards
Vijay

Hi Vijay ,

If your Inventory Stock is in column D , and your Daily Production Requirement is in column E , then in column F , you can have the following formula :

=IF(COLUMN()-COLUMN($F:$F)<$D$2/$E$2,$E$2,"")

Enter this in cell F2 , and copy it across as many columns as you want.

Depending on the values in cells D2 and E2 , the values in column F , G , H ,... will change.

Narayan

Dear Narayank...

But there is small problem.. If I put in cell D2 (Inventory Stock) as 500, and in cell E2 ( Daily Production Requirement) as 216, then it shows in three columns 216,216,216. But if we sum the qty, its around 648. So it gives error. It should display in only two cells instead of three cells

I hope you got my point...

I just put round function in that formula

=IF(COLUMN()-COLUMN($F:$F)<ROUND($D$4/$E$4,0),$E$4,"")

Now its working.. if is there wrong in this .. then please let me know

Back