• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

dynamic chart

Priyank Saxena

I have continuously changing two cells in excel, in one cell time is updating every minute while in other some value is changing continuously. I want to draw chart of this data consisting of all the points.
Please guide me through this.

You can have the data table formatting applied using Format As Table option and then create the graph based on this data..

I am here by sending across a sample file...

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    10.6 KB · Views: 8
Here are the steps to be followed:

1) Enter your data which contains the columns and rows of information
2) Then select this data and on the home tab in Excel application click on Format as Table button and select any desired format
The above said step applies Table format to your data. Once the table format is applied to the data, navigate to Data Tab and click on Filter button to remove the filter​
3) Now, create the graph using this data i.e. select your data and go to insert tab and click on the desired chart. This will create the graph on your current worksheet
4) Once the chart is created, right click on the chart and click on Select Data option and modify the data series
With all the above steps, you have completed the graph creation and now, if you add a new row to your table, the table format gets automatically gets extended and the graph gets updated accordingly.​

The Table format is available on Microsoft Excel 2007 onward. I hope you are using a latest version of Microsoft Excel, where the above said operations can be performed with out any issues.

thanks for the detailed reply.

But actually my problem is that let say I have two cells A1 and B1 and my values are changing in it continuously, how should I put my changed values in A2 and B2 then to A3 and B3 and so on, As I don't want to miss any change in the cell values.
So that I can make its chart as per your given refrence file.

ok.. in that case..first select cell A1 and B1 and apply table format using the steps given in my last post..

After applying the table format create graph and when u keep adding rows the graphs gets automatically updated..

Back