• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

COUNTIFS driving me crazy

Hi, please help with the attached file.

This starts out as an exported report. I inserted a new helper column (A), and entered a formula to help find unique monitor names (column L). Then, I added columns AC:AH. In AC2:AC14, I entered a formula to list unique monitor names (also used in AE2:AE14 & AG2:AG14).

Now to the real question: I want to count the number of times each monitor (column L) has a >5 in column U. I want this formula in AD2:AD14. As you can see, I already made an attempt, but failed miserably:( Please help!

Thanks!
Carlos

Attachments

• Chandoo_COUNTIFS.xlsx
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi Carlos.

Your formula had a mix of structural references and an entire column reference. The structural reference, for the table would only be 243 rows. Worse, with the "@" symbol in front, it was only looking at a single row. So, error was causes because the two arrays were different sizes. But, you were on the right track!

Correct formula:
=COUNTIFS(Table2[Monitor Name],AC2,Table2[(MVR Submission) '# of Bus days],">5")

Hi Carlos.

Your formula had a mix of structural references and an entire column reference. The structural reference, for the table would only be 243 rows. Worse, with the "@" symbol in front, it was only looking at a single row. So, error was causes because the two arrays were different sizes. But, you were on the right track!

Correct formula:
=COUNTIFS(Table2[Monitor Name],AC2,Table2[(MVR Submission) '# of Bus days],">5")

Thank you! Your solution works perfectly. I was unaware that the "@" would mean that it was only looking at one row. Lesson learned!

Back