• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Combine 2 Macro Codes

Dokat

Hi,

I have 2 macro codes i need to combine. They are VBA codes for sumifs and a sumif formula. Is there anyway to combine two codes in one macro code. Thanks

Code:
Sub SUMIFS()

Dim i As Variant

Dim condition As Range

For i = 8 To 17

Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 7) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIFS(Sheets("Source").Range("av:av"), Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("CF:CF"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 6))

Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 8) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIFS(Sheets("Source").Range("aw:aw"), Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("CF:CF"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 6))

Next i

End Sub

Sub SUMIF()

Dim i As Variant

Dim condition As Range

For i = 7 To 7

Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 7) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIF(Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("av:av"))

Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 8) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIF(Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("aw:aw"))

Next i

End Sub

Dokat - combine ... like this

Code:
Sub SUMIFS()

Dim i As Variant

Sheets("HDD").Cells(7, 7) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIF(Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(7, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("av:av"))

Sheets("HDD").Cells(7, 8) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIF(Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(7, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("aw:aw"))

For i = 8 To 17

Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 7) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIFS(Sheets("Source").Range("av:av"), Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("CF:CF"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 6))

Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 8) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIFS(Sheets("Source").Range("aw:aw"), Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("CF:CF"), Sheets("HDD").Cells(i, 6))

Next i

EndSub

Dokat
Where error?
Which line?
Did Your 'original two codes' work?
Your '2nd part of code' no need that for i ... next i loop, just edit those i's to 7.

Yes the original two codes worked. I used the i in the second part of the code as to define where the results go. Are you saying if i remove i's from cells and just leave 7 it will know its column number 7? Thanks

Hi ,

Try this :
Code:
Sub SUMIFS()
    Const TOTALSROW = 16
    Dim i As Long

With Sheets("HDD")
        .Cells(TOTALSROW, 7) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIF(Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), .Cells(TOTALSROW, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("av:av"))

.Cells(TOTALSROW, 8) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIF(Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), .Cells(TOTALSROW, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("aw:aw"))

For i = 1 To 10
            .Cells(TOTALSROW + i, 7) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIFS(Sheets("Source").Range("av:av"), Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), .Cells(TOTALSROW + i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("CF:CF"), .Cells(TOTALSROW + i, 6))

.Cells(TOTALSROW + i, 8) = WorksheetFunction.SUMIFS(Sheets("Source").Range("aw:aw"), Sheets("Source").Range("cb:cb"), .Cells(TOTALSROW + i, 5), Sheets("Source").Range("CF:CF"), .Cells(TOTALSROW + i, 6))
        Next i
    End With
End Sub
Narayan

Hi ,

The code is almost the same as what you posted ; I have only changed the references to suit the data ranges in your file.

Otherwise I have not added / modified / removed anything.

Your totals are in row 16 , which is why I have declared a Constant called TOTALSROW and put it to 16.

Since your output range starts from row 17 , the loop counter i starts from 1 and increments till 10 , since there are 10 companies in your output range.

Since the loop counter starts from 1 , the constant TOTALSROW is added to it to get the row references as 17 , 18 , 19 ,..., 24 , 25 , 26.

The following usage :

With Sheets("HDD")

eliminates the necessity to repeat the sheet reference Sheets("HDD") everywhere within the With ... End With. Instead , we can prefix the range reference with the period symbol .

Thus a reference such as .Range("G30") will actually refer to Sheets("HDD").Range("G30") ; a reference such as .Cells(i,8) will refer to Sheets("HDD").Cells(i,8)

Narayan

That explains...I was wondering why you limited i loops at 10. Its because of the number of companies. So i can technically increase the ceiling from 10 to 40 if i need to. Thank you so much for the clarification.

Back