• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Choropleth or informative maps

Hi bluetaurean

Could you be a bit more specific about what countries you are after. I have a few countries on my site which I put together quite a while back.

India
England
Australia

May be for some assistance. However making them from scratch is not so difficult if a little time consuming. You get a map and trace them out. I traced out Wales for a project I was doing and it went OK.

Take care

Smallman

A while ago, I started working on a method to draw Choropleth maps dynamically on a scatterplot based on a database dump of GPS coordinates data.

My idea was to let users zoom in on a particular section and see more detail if they wanted. I was working out a way to filter the data so that only a subset of it was plotted...enough to give you sufficient detail at the level and coordinates you were interested in. That way, the graph would redraw quickly.

It was just a proof of concept, and now that Microsoft has introduced it's PowerMap functionality, I figure it's just a matter of time before they add a Choropleth option to it.

The idea is to show sales and stock health across a region (north africa and gulf by states and regions). would help as a quick visual indicator of areas where stocks are not healthy or too much

So maybe the PowerMap functionality would be good for that. Give it a google, and see some of the YouTube videos that discuss it.

Back