• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

chart error help

blazy

Does anyone know how to avoid getting the error in the picture, when clicking the check box to show or hide the data.

Everything is working fine, I was just wonderinf if I could avoid getting this nasty error everytime I click the checkbox. I know why I get the error but dont know how to avoid it :)

I have scrollable chart. Could provide excel file if neccessary.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2014-07-27 14_58_10-.png
    2014-07-27 14_58_10-.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Looks like a reference in the chart is to another workbook or worksheet where the range has been deleted or gas. #Ref! Error

The problem is in OFFSET function, when the value is FALSE. If I try without offset it works.

Any ideas how to write the offset function so it also works if all values are /na?

I messed up file a little when i copied this sheet into another workbook because im in a hurry, but im sure you will figure it out... thanks!

Attachments

• chandoo_56.xlsx
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
+ how can i repair the scrollbar, when it reaches the end it stops, so i dont get the error...?

try using MIN function to ignore Scrollbar max ..

check this one..
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Test_chandoo.xlsx
    61 KB · Views: 11
Hey,

could you please walk me through this code: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$K$6;1;;MATCH(99^99;Sheet1!$K$7:$K$42))

Why 99^99?

Tnx.

Hi blazy,

99^99 is a big number, when such a big number or big text like "zzzzz" is used in MATCH or any LOOKUP function it generally return the last entry in the array. So, using it in MATCH(99^99;Sheet1!$K$7:$K$42) will return last number in K7:K42 position.

Say you array is of A1:A6 {1;10;20;1000;15;90} now you want the last position so using =MATCH(99^99,A1:A6) will return 6. Please also note that you had omitted the last argument of MATCH function so by default it is Less than.

You can also use 9.999999999E+307 in place of 99^99 which is the biggest number Excel can handle.

If you use =LOOKUP(99^99,A1:A6) you will get 90.

I hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,

Back