• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Attendence Maintenance

Dear Friends,
Currently on my assignment with my client, I got stucked in Dynamic attendence maintenance. I need your help. The problem is that my client prepares an attendence sheet on the basis of pre-defined Leaves and working days for regulatory purpose. It means we have overall summary of total working days, leaves granted-Casual or Earned, Holidays, Weekly offs etc of an employee.

And now we have to prepare a attendence sheet for break-up of total days.

Can we calculate the this attendence sheet on the basis of pre-defined total days of an employee?

Another problem is Weekly offs. Weekly offs are not fixed, an employee can have different working offs.

For regulatory purpose, All these datas should be random basis of each employee.

I have enclosed the sample sheet for more reference.

Thanks in Advance,
CMA Vishal Srivastava

Attachments

• Attendence.xls
    34 KB · Views: 9
  • Attendence.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 9
Dear Friends,
Currently on my assignment with my client, I got stucked in Dynamic attendence maintenance. I need your help. The problem is that my client prepares an attendence sheet on the basis of pre-defined Leaves and working days for regulatory purpose. It means we have overall summary of total working days, leaves granted-Casual or Earned, Holidays, Weekly offs etc of an employee.

And now we have to prepare a attendence sheet for break-up of total days.

Can we calculate the this attendence sheet on the basis of pre-defined total days of an employee?

Another problem is Weekly offs. Weekly offs are not fixed, an employee can have different working offs.

For regulatory purpose, All these datas should be random basis of each employee.

I have enclosed the sample sheet for more reference.

Thanks in Advance,
CMA Vishal Srivastava
I am eagerly waiting for your responses. Pls suggest what can I do..

Hi Vishal ,

Most often a question does not get answers because it is not well described ; please understand that this is an Excel Q & A forum ; describing your problem as an Attendance Maintenance problem is fine , but the simple fact is we are dealing with an Excel worksheet.

The straightforward way of describing your problem would then be :

1. Where is the data ? Specify the cells / columns / sheet tabs / ranges which have data in them ; if you can describe the data in more detail , that is all to the good.

2. What is to be done with the data ? Which cells / columns / ranges need to have formulae in them ? What should each formula do ? How should it do the task ?

If you can do this , then it is left to forum members to see which formula can be developed to do what you have described.

Any other description , which does not do at least the above , may or may not get results. You can always wait and see.

Narayan

Hi Vishal ,

Most often a question does not get answers because it is not well described ; please understand that this is an Excel Q & A forum ; describing your problem as an Attendance Maintenance problem is fine , but the simple fact is we are dealing with an Excel worksheet.

The straightforward way of describing your problem would then be :

1. Where is the data ? Specify the cells / columns / sheet tabs / ranges which have data in them ; if you can describe the data in more detail , that is all to the good.

2. What is to be done with the data ? Which cells / columns / ranges need to have formulae in them ? What should each formula do ? How should it do the task ?

If you can do this , then it is left to forum members to see which formula can be developed to do what you have described.

Any other description , which does not do at least the above , may or may not get results. You can always wait and see.

Narayan
Thanks Narayan for your reply!

First take my apology, if I have not explained my problem properly.

I have again attached the sheet with Green and Yellow highlighted Items.

Green Highlights: Client provides overall data with total working days, Leaves, Holidays on monthly basis.

Yellow Highlights: Till now, Client prepares it manually based on Green Highlited items. It means we have to break the employee's total working days, Leaves, Holidays, etc on DAILY basis to maintain attendance.

As Informed earlier, It is for regulatory purpose so attendance is back-calculated.

Thanks for your response.

Attachments

• Attendence.xls
    35 KB · Views: 9
Hi Vishal ,

OK. Things are clear now , but they also seem impossible !

Given that an employee has worked 26 days , and taken 1 CL and 1 EL , how can a formula be developed which will decide on which dates the CL & EL should be entered ?

Secondly , where are the weekly offs for each employee given ?

Narayan

Green Highlights: Client provides overall data with total working days, Leaves, Holidays on monthly basis.

Yellow Highlights: Till now, Client prepares it manually based on Green Highlited items. It means we have to break the employee's total working days, Leaves, Holidays, etc on DAILY basis to maintain attendance.

As Informed earlier, It is for regulatory purpose so attendance is back-calculated.

Hi Vishal ,

OK. Things are clear now , but they also seem impossible !

Given that an employee has worked 26 days , and taken 1 CL and 1 EL , how can a formula be developed which will decide on which dates the CL & EL should be entered ?

Secondly , where are the weekly offs for each employee given ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,
At first, 1 CL and 1 EL, etc could be on any date. It might be on random basis. I am not clear whether I would work with Formulas but might hope that VBA could help!

Secondly, Working days includes weekly off. And an employee could have 4 to 5 weekly offs. It is also on random basis.

A column could be inserted in green highlighted items stating Weekly offs. And working days would be derived after subtracting Weekly offs.

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Back