• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

A vlookup that can return all possible values

On the 'Reference' tab in column G, I am trying to come up with a formula in the yellow cells that would return the values in the yellow cells.

Starting in G2, I want to use some lookup function that uses G1 as a lookup value, then points to column B in the 'Consolidated' tab, and returns all possible values in column C.

In this example, on the 'Reference' tab, 8 DEC 23 (23) 100 (Weeklys) would be used as the look up value, which would be found on the 'Consolidated' tab in cells B75:B95, then return the values in C75:C95 to the 'Reference' tab in cells G2:G22.

Is there a look up function that can do this? VLOOKUP will stop only on the 1st occurrence.

Attachments

• Extrinsic Values.xlsx
    472.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello

I think you can use the combination of INDEX and SMALL functions along with IF and ROW functions to create an array formula. Place the following formula in cell G2 of your 'Reference' tab:

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX('Consolidated'!C$75:C$95, SMALL(IF('Consolidated'!B$75:B$95=G$1, ROW('Consolidated'!B$75:B$95)-ROW('Consolidated'!B$75)+1), ROW(1:1))), "")

Applying
Code:
=FILTER(Consolidated!$C$2:$C$1509;Consolidated!$B$2:$B$1509=Reference!$G$1;"")
returns more values than your example ( 40 in total)
Applying a filter to your "expiration" column also returns 40 values, not 21. Are there any other constraints?

Attachments

• Extrinsic Values.xlsx
    351.9 KB · Views: 4
Back