• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

3 dimensional graph needed

Rinki

Hi everyone,

i have a typical situation where I am looking to plot my data attached herewith a 3 d graph which would represent sale performance of the reps year over year in a way which is looking good and easy to understand.

Please let me know the best options.

Attachments

• required  output.jpg
    required output.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
  • test data.xlsx
    8.5 KB · Views: 4
To do 3rd dimension, you'd need size (like Bubble Chart), but it'd be far too difficult to read and does not really tell a story in your data sample. I agree with Hui's approach.

Just do Pivot Table and add 2 slicers for quick analysis.

Attachments

• test data.xlsx
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
I would use one of teh following if it was my Data
It depends if you are highlighting the Year or Personupload_2016-4-7_22-45-59.png
see attached file:

Or as Chiriro said, You can convert either to a cummulative chart if that is what you are highlighting

Attachments

• test data.xlsx
    15 KB · Views: 2
Hi Chihiro/hui, i had tried all this except bubble chart options which looks interesting but the requirement is of line chart where sales rep is expected to be on y axis and calendar year over x axis and then $ value as output line chart.

You can't display Value as a Line using the Year and Name as X/Y Fields?

This chart is not at all native to Excel and is hacked together to see if that is what you wanted

Note: It looks nothing like your original drawing !!!

Attachments

• test data2.xlsx
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
The line chart has 6 series 1 for each person
Click on the series
Follow that data and see where it comes from
You will see that each person has and additional 2000000 added to the values
The chart vertical axis has a Custom number format of "$k 2,000";;;

The names are in cells behind the chart but could be in TextBoxes within the chart and then linked to the names on the worksheet

Last edited:
Back