• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

2 columns link and reference each other

JillStraton

Please look at the attached file. Can the Customer column reference and display the ranking column and stay connected. So the Customer name shows in the drop down menu, at the same time that the associated letter ranking is displayed in the appropriate column.
The trick is, a macro allows us to update the customer drop down list on the fly and then resorts alphabetically - how can I keep the appropriate ranking connected to the Customer name, sort with the name.

Need help quick!

Attachments

• Quote-Log_Ver13.xlsm
    93.3 KB · Views: 4
Please look at the attached file. Can the Customer column reference and display the ranking column and stay connected. So the Customer name shows in the drop down menu, at the same time that the associated letter ranking is displayed in the appropriate column.
The trick is, a macro allows us to update the customer drop down list on the fly and then resorts alphabetically - how can I keep the appropriate ranking connected to the Customer name, sort with the name.

Need help quick!

hi,

not clear what u realy want to do...

@JillStraton,

I have added another column to the customer table on the Lists sheet to store the Ranking. This is accompanied by a formula that will return the correct value to the Ranking column on the QuoteLog sheet when a customer is selected from the drop down.

For now, the Rankings are entered and maintained in the Lists sheet (and have fake values for testing). This assumes that the customer rank does not change very often and should be maintained outside of the QuoteLog.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Ken

Attachments

• Quote-Log_Ver13_KenU.xlsm
    107.8 KB · Views: 3
Back