• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

writeback to PowerPivot datamodel/table

_google

Hi Powerpivot expert

This forum was of great help to learn powerpivot especially feedback from Ninja Chihiro

am not sure if there is way or workaround to do data write back to Powerpivot table i.e. for unique key after generating report we can added free text and reason code for identified issue.

i have attached excel file which is a simplified version of the data model and what am trying to achieve.

Idea is to use PowerPivot for all the complex calculation that needs to generate a dashboard and KPI reports
Then where KPI is lower then target, user will enter a predefined reason and comment, why KPI was not met the target, however this need to register back to data model table so that further analysis can be build on top of the reason code.

Hope the example helps to put thought

Attachments

• WriteBacktest.xlsx
    165.6 KB · Views: 4
There are several ways to go about this.
For an example...
1. Build VBA or some other process that saves user input (along with necessary associated foreign key) into another workbook and save it on shared drive (if you have Office 365 ProPlus, you can use OneDrive).

2. Query the folder using PowerQuery and perform combine & any other transformation needed. Load to PowerPivot data model.

Structure of output file & query will depend on end result that you are going to produce.

But in general, I prefer to use Excel (or some other front-end) to send info to Database and update data model from there.

Back