• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Where to mark questions as Solved so that search google users may benefit

jraju

When a question is solved, if it is marked as solved then any search engine user, if searching may find it very useful as SOLVED one.
Normally user search for excel and other questions, by including solved as a starting string in the question. for eg Solved How to change the colur of border line in excel. Google list solved in the search and show as such. So, it may be useful to the user to get instant answer from chandoo.org and also, the other users also see to it as solved.
The askers or the moderator may mark it as solved.
If this question, deserves brick bat, then be it so. I sincerely believe that it will give the users a chance to get the solution to their questions. Thanks

There was a manual mode procedure in the previous board of this forum. See following discussion:
http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/idea-chandoo-the-excel-ninjas.10268/#post-59390

I have not seen this trend continued in new board.

Not all the forums have policy of having a thread marked as solved. How difficult or easy it will be to implement on this board software is something that board admins can tell. But making the option available doesn't necessarily mean that people will start marking thread as solved unless you are willing to be either persuasive or draconian ;)

Hi jaraju,

I agree with sentiment, it would be nice to have the thread marked solved. Currently, the only method available is for OP or moderator to edit the forum title manually. While this alone is slightly cumbersome, it's also proven annoying when OP has later come back to say that problem is NOT solved, and/or they have additional issues they need help with. But, I would certainly encourage you to try and contact Chandoo (email or Twitter perhaps?) to see if that's an option available to insall on this new forum.

Hi, jraju!
When migrating to the new forums many of us thought that this feature will be part of them and if not from the kickoff at least a short time after. If I don't remember wrong I think Chandoo @r1c1 was asked about its implementation but for the time being it's still not available.
Regards!

Back