• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Waterfall chart in PBI reflecting variation thru fiscal years

Saul Espinoza

Greetings from Lima, I hope any PBI Guru can help on this one,
I have a waterfall chart depicting fiscal year (FY) YOY variation from a dataset 2010 until 2015, *******FY goes from Oct thru Sept******, however the last FY 2015 covering CY data (Oct14-Dec14; first Q of FY2015) is being compared with the whole FY 2014 in the visual. Is there a trick to reflect the variation just for the months unfolded for FY15 vs prior FY but keeping the visual for the FY comparison?, In other words reflecting the Variation of FY 2015 vs FY 2014, for only for the 3 months unfolded of FY 2015 vs the 3 months of the prior FY, keeping the visual as for FY variation and not for Quarter(Q)? I hope I am making myself clear. See attached PBI file on built measures and visuals

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BI Celulares II.zip
    251.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
There are few ways to do it.

1. Use visual level filter, based on Max Fiscal Period
2. Add another column to your Dim_time table [Fiscal Date], build relationship from that column to [Fecha], but keep it inactive. Then use USERRELATIONSHIP() to override current date relationship in the measure.
3. Instead of using SAMEPERIODXXX function. Use custom filter condition in your CALCULATE() i.e. Filter based on Fiscal Period of current/latest year.

My preference in this case is #3.

Back