• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA for Copying rows to new worksheet

joemacintyre

Hi

I have a sheet that has 800 rows - the columns start at A and finish on IY. I want to be able to copy rows over to a new worksheet based on a criteria (organisation name). In any given row the organisation name will appear between columns FY and HY (ie on row 2 between FY2 and HY2). The organiastion name might even appear multiple times in the row but I only want to copy the row once over to the new worksheet.

As an example if "Organisation1" is mentioned anywhere on 100 out of the 800 rows of the rows I want to copy those rows into a new worksheet.

Can anyone point me to a Vba solution or one based somewhere else in excel.

Thanks in advance for your help and attention

Hi, joemacintyre!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question...

If you haven't performed yet the search herein, try going to the topmost right zone of this page (Custom Search), type the keywords used in Tags field when creating the topic or other proper words and press Search button. You'd retrieve many links from this website, like the following one(s) -if any posted below-, maybe you find useful information and even the solution. If not please advise so as people who read it could get back to you as soon as possible.

In this case I'm almost sure that questions similar to this have been widely posted so you'd surely find many links.

Regards!

Back