• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Excel Add rows per number of checkboxes on userform

wildblue3831

I have enjoyed all the good information on this site. Now I have a project. I have a Userform with 14 checkboxes for the 14 days of the pay period. Depending on how many days checked, I want to add that many rows.

If possible I would like to insert the date into column B of each new row.

Thanks for the help.

Hi, wildblue3831!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question...

If you haven't performed yet the search herein, try going to the topmost right zone of this page (Custom Search), type the keywords used in Tags field when creating the topic or other proper words and press Search button. You'd retrieve many links from this website, like the following one(s) -if any posted below-, maybe you find useful information and even the solution. If not please advise so as people who read it could get back to you as soon as possible.

Also you can place this code in the proper event of any user form control (e.g., command button):

-----

[pre]
Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, K As Integer, c As Control
I = 0
For Each c In Me.Controls
If c.Name Like "CheckBox*" Then If c.Value Then I = I + 1
Next c
Debug.Print I
If I > 0 Then
J = TextBox1.Value
With ActiveSheet
Range(.Rows(J + 1), .Rows(J + I)).Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
For K = 1 To I
.Cells(J + K, 2).Value = Date
Next K
End With
End If
End Sub
[/pre]
-----

If your check boxes have a different name you should adjust the code as required.

Regards

Back