• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA code skipped due to actuarial functions in excel

Gulshan_sharma

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that has functions in excel cells & some VBA code.

The spreadsheet automates my work in a way that it pulls data from other sheets do calculations & finally create rows of results which i use for comparison etc.

My problem is that I have an actuarial function coming from an addin which is causing the VBA code to skip.

Till now I was doing following in code to handle the situation

a) switching to manual calculation mode

b) deleting the cells containing the actuarial functions

c) switching back to automatic calculation mode

d) run the remaining modules of code

e) finally paste the cells in a) with actuarial function

Can I have a concrete workaround to this temporary setup?

I can elaborate if there is more detailing required around my question, though cant share the workbook etc as confidential matter in there.

Hi Gulshan ,

Can you give more details of why the actuarial functions make Excel skip VBA code ?

Are there any error messages when the VBA code is executed ?

Is the actuarial function add-in available in the public domain or is that confidential ?

Please give as much information as you can give.

Narayan

Hi, Gulshan_sharma!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the three first green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

And about your question...

Adding to what NARAYANK991 wrote, please consider uploading sample files, it'll be useful for those who read this and might be able to help you. Refer to the second green sticky post for uploading guidelines regarding dummy information and replacing confidential data.

Regards!

Thanks SirJB7 for the advise, I have read one of those sticky message before posting.

NaraynK991, I have tried a lot finding any error, done a lot of debugging, but the code skips without any error message, thats why I have done the above workaround.

I reached the solution I am trying because same sheet was working fine before the actuarial function used, but once we started using it, the code started skipping.

Finally, the addin is created by actuaries and is password protected.

Probably, the code starts evaluating the function in between and thus skips in between its normal course. Let me know if more details are required.

Hi Gulshan ,

Without the code in one's hands to play around with , it is difficult to suggest all possibilities.

How many formulae are there which use the actuarial functions ? Do they have to be used in the sheets / workbook where your VBA code runs ? Can you not separate out the process which uses the actuarial functions from the rest of your workbook , so that they come into play after your VBA code has completed executing ?

Narayan

Back