• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Beginner: validate if all items are selected in listbox

snjpverma
Please, reread Forum Rules:
Start from top of page
especially
How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
Use Relevant words in the Title and in the tag Box, This will aid future searches.
and
please continue reading in the end of that page

I got the point vletm.
Actually, I wasn't on my system last night and working on this website from the cellphone is very cumbersome.
The lagging was so much that I had to keep it at the shortest. My apologies.
I actually intended to write this: "VBA Beginner: validate if all items are selected in listbox".
Anyway, I'll keep this in mind going forward. is there a way I can change the title now? if so, please let me know so that I can change.
Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback.

I have attached the file wherein there are 2 userforms.

When I open the file, in sheet 1 click the button "Show form" and the main form would be launched.
The main form gets loaded which has the optionbutton Named "Task Completed".
When the user clicks on task completed, a listbox is loaded to verify that all the checkpoints in the task are completed.
Until this, all is happening well.

The part where I am stuck is,

As soon as all the checkpoints in the listbox are selected, the listbox should disappear and the option button value to be set to true.
Unless all the items in the listbox are selected, the option button value would be False.
Please advise.

Attachments

• Listbox within an Option button.xlsm
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
snjpverma
It would be good to start from any Forum Rules ...

Title
... right top corner would have option to modify it
Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 13.56.26.png

As this includes UserForm,
... then I will skip this - I won't use those.

snjpverma
It would be good to start from any Forum Rules ...

Title
... right top corner would have option to modify it
View attachment 67184

As this includes UserForm,
... then I will skip this - I won't use those.

Thanks for the suggestion.
But, I just checked and it doesn't give that option to me to edit thread as of now. I think I have exceeded the time period within which the editing is allowed.

As shown in below screenshot "Unwatch" is the only option.

snjpverma
Please, reread Forum Rules again
... seems You have forgotten something

snjpverma
Please, reread Forum Rules again
... seems You have forgotten something

Hi vletm,
are you referring to the below line in green?
Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

That is the exact reason why I informed the forum so that people don't waste their time on my question.

The rule also says that if I have cross-posted elsewhere and got a solution, I have to post the solution here -- (I did cross-post but I didn't get an answer there)

I was able to come up with the solution myself so I didn't post it here. I am a novice, a beginner in VBA so my solutions are too lousy to learn from.

Please let me know if I am missing something else.

snjpverma
  • Check your answers before posting a solution.
  • If you post a question, check the answers and acknowledge the answer if correct or incorrect. We get a lot of posts with 1 answer and no feedback, so we're unsure if the answer is right or wrong or if the poster has even bothered to read the answer.
  • Remember people are volunteering their time to help you. Always show them the courtesy they deserve by checking and responding to answers.
  • The ongoing success of this forum depends on your contribution and involvement either posting questions or more importantly answering them.
= Now, this have 78 views --- and --- only You know the solution.

• Check your answers before posting a solution.
  • If you post a question, check the answers and acknowledge the answer if correct or incorrect. We get a lot of posts with 1 answer and no feedback, so we're unsure if the answer is right or wrong or if the poster has even bothered to read the answer.
  • Remember people are volunteering their time to help you. Always show them the courtesy they deserve by checking and responding to answers.
  • The ongoing success of this forum depends on your contribution and involvement either posting questions or more importantly answering them.

I believe, the above points are not applicable to me as I haven't received any answers to this question. If I did, I would certainly have confirmed if the answer worked for me and I would also have thanked the member for providing me a solution. You might want to check my history in this forum as an evidence.

snjpverma
= Now, this have 78 views --- and --- only You know the solution.
So, here goes the solution,
I just had to change the userform's click event into change event - And this little thing took me more 2 hours of fidgeting to figure out. :)

I appreciate you taking time to educate me about the forum though. People watching the forum getting to learn from others' problems would be wonderful.

Back