• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA and Power Query

polarisking

I'd to run VBA against some very large datasets (> 1MM rows). Is it possible to leverage the capabilities of Power Query which can handle enormously large files and run VBA code inside of Powe

Fixing the numerous misspellings in the original post.

I'd like to run VBA against some very large datasets (> 1MM rows). Is it possible to leverage the capabilities of Power Query which can handle enormously large files and run VBA code inside of Power Query?

Your thread is too general to give you a precise answer. VBA is VBA and M is M. I have never seen one can call "VBA" inside "M". This does not mean part of VBA code can't be done in PQ. Clearly VBA has a larger scope.

It's possible to use VBA in conjunction with Power Query to work with large datasets. Power Query, allows you to connect to and transform data from various sources, including very large files.
You can use VBA to automate the process of connecting to and transforming the data using Power Query. This can be done by using the Excel Object Model in VBA to programmatically control the Power Query functionality.
It is important to note that although Power Query can handle large files, the performance of VBA code on large datasets may be slow and in some cases, it is recommended to use other more efficient tools like R or Python.

Your response was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you.

Back