• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Use Changed Pivot Values in Calculated Fields

Willstein818

Hi, I'm new to this channel, been working with excel and just recently tap into slicers and dashboards. I have a question:

So, I want to create a calculated field in pivot table. But, the field's value that I want to use is actually the changed one (Modified by using "Shown Value as" Option, I modified the value to "Show as % of Grand Total" format)). When I enter the formula, it still use the original value, not the changed one. Is there any way I could use the changed value in the calculated fields? Thanks for the help.

Dear Mr.Rahulshewale1,

Below are my files,

On this file, at the rightmost pivot table (PivotTable9), I want to set the target per stores based on Sum of Base Modified numbers * specified target values (For the sample, I set the total target to 1800), and the result will be shown at "Sum of Target" values. However, as you can see, the sum or target didn't reach 1800 in total, which implies that the formula is not working. Could you give me some insights about how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot & Merry Christmas!.

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    637.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi @Willstein818,

See if is it ok ?

Power Pivot Solution.

Dear Mr.Rahulshewale1,

Below are my files,

On this file, at the rightmost pivot table (PivotTable9), I want to set the target per stores based on Sum of Base Modified numbers * specified target values (For the sample, I set the total target to 1800), and the result will be shown at "Sum of Target" values. However, as you can see, the sum or target didn't reach 1800 in total, which implies that the formula is not working. Could you give me some insights about how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot & Merry Christmas!.

View attachment 72699View attachment 72700

Attachments

• PT.xlsx
    689 KB · Views: 1
Dear Mr. Rahul Shewale,

Thanks a lot! Definitely will learn more about Power Pivot and DAX. In the meantime, I notice that you also used regular tables in setting up the target value. Is it possible to have a conditional target value for each ItemName? And in the ItemName slicers, some of the items are unnecessary but I can't seem to find a way to hide / delete it, is it also possible to do that? Since the dashboard is for users and the slicers could potentially cause confusion. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi @Willstein818,

See if is it ok ?

Power Pivot Solution.

Regards,
William

Back