• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unusual VLOOKUP Problem

Hi,
I created a list of websites in Excel to demonstrate Hyperlinks to a friend, to do this I used Data Validation to create a drop-down list of the website names and in the cell underneath I used VLOOKUP to link to the site that would be selected in the dropdown box (i.e. if they selected a name of a site the URL for that site would appear in the cell underneath), I then wrapped VLOOKUP in the HYPERLINK command to make the displayed site clickable. However, all works perfectly but when the URL of any website selected appears if I click on it I get a message "Cannot open the specified File". I am attaching the file, it is very basic as I was only trying to explain hyperlink to a friend, I am sure it is something simple thanks in advance for your help
Regards,
Noel

Attachments

• Hyperlink.xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 7
Use the full hyperlink addresses in cells B5:B7 (no need for hyperlinks in them).
Your file was trying to make hyperlinks of what can be seen in the cell (which isn't the full address) rather than the hyperlink of the cell.

Back