• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

unlock password protected VBA project

Sorry, but I have no way of validating that. In any event. if I were to post a solution here, there's no telling where its abuse would end...

In any event. if I were to post a solution here, there's no telling where its abuse would end...
Wouldn't change anything, you didn't invent the wheel, info how to unlock VBA is all over the internet.

Typical process. You need to change file extension to .zip file. And use HEX editor to find string in binary file.
FYI - This forum has no rule surrounding posting or talking about breaking password.

Ex: Copied from post I made else where.
If file is xls, i.e. up to Excel 2003. Then use HEX editor directly on the workbook and find "DPB=", replace with "DPx=".
Open the file, go into VBE, ignore or just hit OK when warning comes up. In Tools -> Security, give it a new password. Save the file and close. When you open the file again, you should be able to use the new password to access VBA project.
If Excel 2007 or later (likely xlsm), change file extension to ".zip". Locate binary file in zip for VBA project called "vbaProject.bin". Extract and use HEX editor to do the same as before. Replace the bin file in the zip with edited one. Change extension back to original. Then follow same process as Excel 2003.
You could set hash string in HEX editor, but that can be bit more complicated than above. As you will need to create file with known password. Extract VBA project protection block. And replace the one in unknown password workbook.

VBA code to break password, has size limitation and when workbook size exceed certain limit, it will not work.

Back