• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unable to change default template to my desired one in Power Point 2010

pankaj99in

I have a specific template which i want to load by default when i open the power point 2010 .Therfore , what i did is i copied my required template (as .potx format) in the

WindowsProgram FilesOfficeTemplates1033 along with other templates available there .

But the change is not seen .

What am i missing ? Can anyone help me with the settings and from where is the default template ( inbuilt in power point 2010) is loading from .

Hi panakaj99in,

Welcome to the Chandoo's Excel Forums!!

Googling is the best solution i can suggest, Please see following links:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/powerpoint-2010-set-up-default-presentation-theme

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-powerpoint/how-to-change-the-default-blank-template-in/61e7efc6-eb44-e011-9577-d485645a8348?msgId=cd89a2a4-6245-e011-9575-d8d385dcbb12

Please notice that this forum is a Excel Based forum. :)

Regards,

Faseeh

Good day pankaj99in

You say you copied the template into the folder, there is no need to do this, open your template in power point and when it is as you want, go to "save as" and choose potx extension give it your choice of name and then save. It will be in the correct folder for you to New/my templates

@Faseeh ,

I could not get any link where i can post only power point question .Other than that we or as in excel we do many integration between excel and power point , therefore i thought this forum or link is the closest to raie any quesitons :)

i have googled and have gone through the link provided by you .The issue is that power point is geting crashed on the selection of the .potx(my desired template) on selection .Click on DESIGN->SELECT YOUR THEME-->SET TO DEFAULT .During this operation there is crash in power point

@bobhc : Your procedure followed but as said above there is crash in the power point application

Hi, pankaj99in!

Consider uploading the related template so as to give a try. Give a look at the second green sticky post at this forums main page for uploading guidelines.

Regards

The issue is resolved .It was nt an easy solution .

You wont believe though we were talking about power point but actually setting was required in Windows Word document :)

So now an excel question :

If you have even seen in excel 2012 , there is "LOOK LIKE " button as that the excel 2003 or 2007 users dont face issue and looks similar as 2003 or 2007 on clicking the same .I am trying to customize my excel 2012 to get that button or ribbon .Still unable to explore it ? Let me know if you guys have ever done it

Good day pankaj99in

You have buried a new question in an old post, many forum members will see the title and as they have or may have looked at the original post they will not re-visit.

New Topic = New Post = More Interest, A clear title to the problem tells more to get the right members looking.

Hi, pankaj99in!

Additionally to what b(ut)ob(ut)hc wrote, it'd be a kind gesture if you post your solution so as the community could read it.

Regards!

@ bobhc and SirJB7 :OK , what i am going to do is that i am posting answer for the first question i rasied and for the next , i will post a new question with new

title .Hope guys that is fine :)

Here goes the issue and solution

Issue : Unable to set my own ppt template as default template.You will not get option" to set as a default template" for user defined template.

Solution :

1.Copy the your desired template and paste under "User Profile"

(e.g C:Users[Username]AppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplates)

Note :Kindly rename your ppt as "Blank.potx." ( remember .potx while saving )

2. Open WORD .Click on File-> "Options".Click on "Advanced" on the left side

3.Scroll Down and look for sectoin called "General" (highlighted).You can see 2 options "File Location" and "Web Options"

4.Click on "File Location"

5.Click on "User Teamplate" and select the location where your template is located (i.e your user profile as set up in step 1)

6.Finall select "Blank.potx" which you have rename your desired ppt template in the step 1

7.Done .Now whenever you oprn your ppt application , your desired ppt is visible as default one .

Thank you ...

Hi, pankaj99in!

Thank you very much for sharing your solution with the community. Glad you solved it and welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

Back