• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unable to add PowerQuery data to DataModel in Excel2016

DJ

Hi,

I have my base data in MS Access. I connected database with Excel using PowerQuery and modified the data in a usable structure and then clicked on "Only Create Connection" check box and then selected "Add this data to the Data Model".

Now in Power Pivot, I don't see the table there. Once I search the data using "Manage" ->"Existing Connections" and select the query connection I get a message that "The connection you’re trying to open was created with Power Query. To change this connection, use Power Query".

I am compelled to convert data connection into data table and then able to add this to datamodel. However, soon my data will cross the 1 million row limit of excel sheet.

I tried to search solution on Google but could not get any solution.

Can you help me please?

Thanks,
DJ

What SKU do you have for your Office 2016?

You can find this by going to "File"->Account-> Check under Product information.

As well, make sure you have latest version of both PQ and PowerPivot.

I have "Professional Plus 2016" version and hopefully it has latest version of PQ and PP. But still I am unable to add query data to data model.

Do a repair on Office installation. If that doesn't fix it, do full uninstall (including registry clean up), then do clean install.

By default, Office 2016 Pro Plus supports direct load from Power Query to Power Pivot. Do not try to add query in PowerPivot Wizard (this will cause conflict). You only need to add to Data Model from PowerQuery. If the table does not appear in the model, then there's some installation issue.

Back