• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Turning Title Boxes off...

I have a spreadsheet which is set up with a line of sort keys across the top. Lately I have found that when I am trying to use the select button in the last three columns on the right I always have a text box popping up and yet my other columns seem to perform in their normal fashion. Can anybody tell me what's going on?

Is there a comment in the cell that's popping up? How are you sorting..is it an AuotFilter drop down?

The line is a series of Autofilter drop down selection buttons that run accross the first fourteen columns. The weird thing is that from columns A to D when I select the filter button I get the little white finger pointing to the cell. E&F the finger doesn't appear instead I get the cross of four arrowheads. G to K I get the finger again (no pun intended) and L&M I get the arrowheads.

I thought if I could add Textbox.Enabled = False to my macro I could stop it but I get an "object required" error - would that work?

I am at a loss to understand why this is happening and how to stop it. Being new to Excel 2010 I am also stuck on finding anything on Textbox information.

Any help you can give me will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hmm, that is odd. I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with how 2010 works, or what the "little finger" is. I do know that the Textbox.Enabled line won't work like that...you would need to specify which textbox you want disabled.

To find out what it is, I'd try running these macros (DON'T SAVE UNLESS YOU FIND THE ONE YOU WANT). Which ever one removes the problem will tell you what type of "thing" it is.. Right click on sheet tab, view code, paste these in. Then run 1 at a time till object goes away.

[pre]
Code:
Sub KillShapes()
For each sh in Me.Shapes
sh.Delete
Next
End Sub

Sub KillComments
For Each cm In Me.Comments
cm.Delete
Next
End Sub
[/pre]

Thanks for your help. The little finger is the shape of the cursor when you point to the Autofilter arrow normally rather than the arrow but it changes to a set of crossed arrows when I get into L & M for instance.

I tried your macros but when I run them I get a debug error saying "Invalid use of Me keyword"

Make sure the macro is in the sheet module, not a regular module. Me is used to reference the sheet that the macro is stored in.

Back