• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Total Confusion on Pivot Table / Graph

Robski

Please help, I have to make a graph showing the data in the 3 columns. (File Attached)
When the flight was scheduled to arrive against when it actually arrived (early or late) and when the first pax get off that flight.
It sounds simple but because this is in a time format I can not get it to show the exact time as in the columns.
Excel will show me an hour with different time periods, making the chart very large. This is only a sample of times and flights, there would normally be around 400 row entries per month.

All help is greatly appreciated, I have watched what seems hours of youtube videos and have not found the answer.
Regards Robski

Attachments

• Flight Schedule.xlsx
    20.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

Can you create manually (from small sample) what your desired end result is?

Sorry, I thought it was clear what I asked for.
Seems not, else we would not ask for clarification, would we? Which you did not give (yet).

How do you imagine the chart needs to looks like?
What is it you are trying to show? What kind of insight are you after? Is it a global overview or is it per flight? Then why a chart? Use a data table.
Can you use bins to group data per interval?

Maybe this oversimplified idea attached can trigger you to elaborate a bit more.

Attachments

• Copy of Flight Schedule.xlsx
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
Seems not, else we would not ask for clarification, would we? Which you did not give (yet).

How do you imagine the chart needs to looks like?
What is it you are trying to show? What kind of insight are you after? Is it a global overview or is it per flight? Then why a chart? Use a data table.
Can you use bins to group data per interval?

Maybe this oversimplified idea attached can trigger you to elaborate a bit more.
Thank you for your help so far, It is hard to explain what I want because I'm fairly new to pivot tables/charts. I have never heard of "bins" being used in excel until now. I thought it would be a simple task for myself to have a graph showing when the scheduled time a flight was, when it actually landed the ATA and when the first pax got off. But now looking at your excellent example I see Im way out of my depth :) .
Because there are around 400 flights per month maybe I should just calculate those that had a maximum 4 minute difference in STA and ATA to minimize the data? Sorry I probably do not make much sense.
Thanks for the support yet again
Robski

Back