• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Today the saved file in 97-03 mode won't open in 365 xls

GVN KUMAR

sir

I am using Office 365 Excel. But when I saved the file I saved it in 97-03 mode. But when opening the file again, this error appears. "the file format and extension of 'kumar.xls' don't match. the file could be corrupted or unsafe. unless you trust its source, don't open it. do you want to open it anyway?" Can you kindly advise us.

this is our problem xls files
Its problem raised from Jan 2023 onwards some files were saved in 2007-03 version Sir

Hi Gvn Kumar,

It seems that the file you saved in Excel 97-03 mode has a different file format and extension than what is expected for a file created using Office 365 Excel. This error message indicates that the file may be corrupted or unsafe, so proceed with caution.
To open the file, you can try the following steps:
  1. Make a copy of the original file before opening it to prevent any potential data loss.
  2. Click "Yes" to open the file anyway when prompted by the error message.
  3. When the file opens, save it with a new name in the current file format (not the 97-03 mode) to prevent similar errors from occurring in the future. To do this, go to "File" > "Save As" and choose the appropriate file format.
  4. You can go with the .xlsx file format to save the excel file.
I hope this works out for you.

Best Regards.

sir watch the video but same instruction follow but not rectification our problem

our xls file 1241 km file not uploading this form

same suggested videos also watch but till now not receiving sir

could you give ur mail id for xls file send sir

sorry for too late reply sir

GVN KUMAR
Cannot You create new Excel-file, which has Your named unwanted feature?
I won't test myself, but someone else could test it with their Your named version.

sir this file was created on nov 21 and used last year 1 week back also opened and closed but today does not open this file sir.

created in xls save formate 2007-03 version.

Attachments

• hari k.xls
    540.5 KB · Views: 2
Back