• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Text Cells with Pivot Table

GEG

Hi All,

I need help with the following.

Background:
I´m connecting Excel to a SharePoint list that users continuosly update. Everytime I open the spreadsheet, I refresh the connection to SharePoint.
Addtionally, I have a Pivot Table that uses the list above as Raw Data. The same, I refresh it everytime I open the file, so as to make sure info is up to date.

Help I need with:
This Pivot table refer to Project information. I need to add a TEXT CELL attached to the Pivot Table in order to add comments for each of the Projects, but as the Pivot Table is dinamic and moves as I drilldown the info, I´m not able to get this CELL moving along with the Pivot.

Question: Is there anyway I can add that text column that moves with the Pivot??

Hopefully, you can help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Guido.-

The only trick I can think of would be to use a lookup table. Assuming the PT contains some unique indentifier per row (hopefully...) you could create a table somewhere with all the names and put your comments there. Then, next to the PT you would have a formula like:
=VLOOKUP(A2,MyTable,2,FALSE)
to bring in the information. That's the only way I can think of to avoid getting the data all messed up as the PT refreshes and grows/shrinks.

Back