• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Table with slicers in columns

thiemoderks

Hi all,

I have been presented a preset of data in which they want an easy way to look at a client/month etc.
I can not figure out if it is possible to apply a slicer on columns so that i will only see Client 1 and 2.
The goal is that they want a graph in which you can select a week/month and show specific clients

I'd like to hear your feedback on if this is possible!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• test pivot slicer.xlsx
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
You could unpivot this lay-out with Power Query and load it as a pivot.
Then make a chart. Add all slicers you think that are useful.

Code:
// Table1
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Week", type text}, {"Day", type text}, {"Date", type any}, {"Client 1", Int64.Type}, {"Client 2", Int64.Type}, {"Client 3", Int64.Type}, {"Client 4", Int64.Type}, {"Client 5", Int64.Type}, {"Client 6", Int64.Type}, {"Client 7", Int64.Type}, {"Client 8", Int64.Type}, {"Client 9", Int64.Type}, {"Client 10", Int64.Type}, {"Client 11", Int64.Type}, {"Client 12", Int64.Type}, {"Client 13", Int64.Type}, {"Client 14", Int64.Type}, {"Client 15", Int64.Type}, {"Client 16", Int64.Type}, {"Client 17", Int64.Type}, {"Client 18", Int64.Type}, {"Client 19", Int64.Type}, {"Client 20", Int64.Type}, {"Month", type text}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"Month"}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Columns", each ([Week] <> null)),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Filtered Rows", {"Week", "Day", "Date"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Unpivoted Other Columns",{{"Date", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

Back