• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Summing dollar values based on specific date being greater than a list of dates

jlevine

Hi,

I am looking for an formula that will see if a particular date in (i.e.) cell A3 is greater than any number of dates in column B. If it is, I want to sum all the dollar values in column C that correlate to the dates that cell A3 is greater. I have tried playing with SUMIFS, INDEX/MATCH and nesting if statements will be too long and cumbersome.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, jlevine!

I'd recommend you to read the three first green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, well, come back here, tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question, in a free cell off B column type:

=SI(A3>MAX(B:B);"Sí, mayor";"No, menor o igual") -----> in english: =IF(A3>MAX(B:B),"Yes, greater","No, less or equal")

Regards!

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I only read the first part, now reading the whole post. Try this:

=SUMAR.SI(B:B;"<="&A$3;C:C) -----> in english: =SUMIF(B:B,"<="&A$3,C:C)

Thank SirJB7. I appreciate your help and pointing me to the posting etiquette. I read them briefly, but blew right through them in an effort to get my post up as soon as possible. I will be sure and review them again.

The formula was a true life saver. Thanks again!

Hi, jlevine!

Glad you solved it. Thanks for your feedback and for your kind words too. Welcome back whenever needed or wanted.

Regards!

Back