• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Start Macro on Typing 2 letters in a specific cell (without hitting Enter)

Demir

Hello
I have a challenge I cannot find solution for.
I have a big list of 2 Letter combinations from the keyboard ,( AS, GH...) and I want to call Macro on Typing these 2 letters in a specific cell without hitting Enter button each time.
Could you help?
Demir

Demir
Your ... without hitting Enter button each time
How about by hitting Tab-button?
... and if You would like to get back to a specific cell, then that won't be a challenge ... even with Enter.

Hi vletm, thanks for the reply. I'll explain the idea - I took out wires from a regular PC keyboard and wired mushroom buttons - you hit the button , your time is recorded. Unfortunately, the buttons are more than the keyboard letters and symbols and I try to use two-letter-combinations. I know how to call Macro on Cell value change, but "someone" (vba) should hit Enter, Tab etc. This is where I am short of knowledge ;( BR

Demir
... so You mean that almost before You've done something - You should almost forecast ... was that oops - did I something?
If You search ... something like Your ... idea ... would do with ActiveX-component.
>> OR >>
Demir
Could You use mouse to click cells which has Your big list two letter combinations?
... then no need to press < Enter > or any other keyb.

Last edited:
Ok, imagine there is a classroom with 20 kids sitting on separate desks. Each desk has 5 buttons serving for answering, quizzes etc. I decided to do it the cheap way by wiring these buttons to certain pc keyboard letters and use Sub Setkey Application.Onkey "a", "MacroA" and so on for each possible letter, but the buttons are more than the letters on the keyboard, so I decided to use 2letter combination (with double contact buttons) which for the moment I plan to do it with Worksheet_change for the cell where I type the two letters but it is hard to do it without additional Enter or Tab or Right click I.o. to exit the Edit mode. It looks challenging, that's why I am asking the best ones..

Demir
I can imagine ... yes!
I still try to be positive ...
Have You ever pressed 20 keyboard buttons same time? What would be a result?
... and if keep some of those pressed then what kind of sound comes?
... as well as those 20 wires from separate desks to 'computer' ...hmm? ... cleaning floor ... moving those desks ...
I have heard that my company has had bought something like that ... yes, bought.
Would it be ... cheaper ... that those 20 kids would use same PC with a mouse?

Ok, thanks for your remarks and attention! I will withdraw my question here.
Wishing Best regards!

Back