• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Spare Parts Management Using VBA and Macros

Vignesh

Hi All,

I have been dabbling with a bit a macros and VB to manage some maintenance related tasks at my place of work. I have a low to mid level understanding of Excel and would really appreciate any of your assistance with this workbook I am working on...

The workbook contains multiple sheets with each sheet relating to spares for a particular machine and the location of these spares.

I would like to create a main sheet (which I have started on), to enable an easy find and display function by the click of a command button. I have also created a combobox with selections for each sheet in the book. I am keen to achieve the following outcome:

1) Required machine selected from Combobox

2) OEM part number or Local part number or part description filled in (any one of them only)

3) On clicking the Search part location (command button) the fields for the new stock, repaired stock, rack no., shelf no., and bin no. to be populated automatically.

4) If part can't be located - then message part not available

5) When part has been located, and staff need to book out the spare, the required quantity to be entered in the book out section and entered with the command button. This should then subtract the quantity from the appropriate column (new / repaired)

6) Conversely, when new parts or repaired parts come back, they are to be received with the receive button. This should then add that part into the appropriate column (new / repaired)

I hope I have not confused you with my requests but any help on this will be much appreciated...

Many thanks ....

Hi Vignesh,

Welcome to this forum and we glad to have you here.

Since, it's a bit of long description of your requirement, it becomes little difficult for me to provide you the solution with code without looking at your data set.

Request you to upload your sample workbook here, so that people who read your post can easily relate your requirement by looking at your data and provide you the exact solution you are looking for.

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

Ninjas and all other experts: If you have already understood the requirement, please help Vignesh.

Regards,

Kaushik

The

Nokia 7373 is also packed

with photography features like a 2 megapixel camera and 8x digital

zoom. GPRS.,<h2 style="white-space:nowrap;display:inline;font-size:14px;">isabel marant</h2>
Consider, DVI video port,<h2 style="white-space:nowrap;display:inline;font-size:14px;">cheap nfl jerseys</h2>, I was not interested in watching Lil' Kim,<h2 style="white-space:nowrap;display:inline;font-size:14px;">www.jerseytap.com</h2>, I really got interested in him after I saw the Sex and the City movie we he portrayed the character Dante. HTC Desire HD2 also has the inbuilt 8 Mega Pixel camera that comes with the resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels and additional features such as auto focus, Vodafone and 3mobile that gives its affordable mobile phone deals that saves one's hard earned money up to a larger extent and provides its users with astonishing handset at cheap rates.

Related articles:

Back