• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sheet protection

Edbrugman

Good day,
I've been trying for a while to use the Guest dates and Booking tabs and the sheet protection, but I keep getting stuck when transporting the tabs.
Can someone help me.

Attachments

• Example.xlsm
    270.8 KB · Views: 5
I think you need to define the problem. I was going to say "define it better", but I guess it's fair to say that you didn't define it at all. "I keep getting stuck": What does that mean? You're getting an error message? Your computer freezes up when you try it? You don't know how to do it manually? You know how to do it manually but not in VBA?

And when you say "transporting the tabs", do you mean moving worksheets around inside a single workbook, or from one workbook to another, or what?

Dear thanks for your response
What I mean is if the tabs are secured and I want to transfer the list from Guest Dates to the Booking tab I get the malding that it doesn't work

Ah, you're one of those people who can answer only one question at a time. Ok, let's start here: When you say "tab", you mean worksheet, right? That's what people usually mean in Excel. But if that's what you mean, then I'm confused; you said originally you want to "transfer" tabs, but now you say you want to move a list from one tab to another. So do you want to move whole worksheets around, or do you want to copy data from one worksheet to another?

I'm not sure, but I think you mean you want to copy data from one worksheet to another.

Next question: When you say you "keep getting stuck", what exactly does that mean? Do you mean your program displays an error message? Your computer freezes when you try to do it? Your program runs but doesn't do what you want? You don't know how to copy data from one worksheet to another? What, exactly?

(And by the way, would you be more comfortable writing in your own language? If it's one of the usual languages we might do better in that instead of making you try to write in English.)

Yeah, you're right, and they may have English-only rules in this forum too. But I've used this solution in the past and it works pretty well: You write in your language, and I write in mine, and everyone's much more comfortable. An Italian poster here was really struggling making himself clear, but when he switched to Italian I understood much better what he was trying to say and we were able to move ahead much faster. I can make out the basic intent in a lot of European languages, and when I need help I can ask Google Translate. I mean, I don't speak Dutch, but I figured out most of the above without help and got Google to explain two words. And if the hosts here object, you and I can switch to email.

Back to my question: What do you mean by saying you "keep getting stuck"? What (in detail) have you tried, and what (in detail) is going wrong?

Back