• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Search Function needed for Contacts

Adnan Dhiyan

I have just managed to get all my iPhone contacts (earlier in the VCF format) in an excel file, the problem now if if I need any number I have to search and find each and every contact, was researching if I can have a search field where I can type the name of the contact and the details would show automatically i.e. without any more effort. It would be great if someone could help me out asap.

Thanks in Advance.

TC

ADnan

You could setup some cell, say A2 to be the search field, and then just use some other cells with lookups, ala:

=VLOOKUP($A$2,DataTable,COLUMN(B2),FALSE)

Copy the formula across as needed to pull the other columns from DataTable

Im sorry but a little more detail explanation will be very much welcome, also I don't know how to use the vlookup formula, Just a little bit more about my excel file I have put the data in the second tab and the first tab contains just a search field and below it the details field(these do not work right now though still have to search each contact individually).

Thanks

AD

Hi Adnan,

It will be great if you can share your requirement in bit details, like you can tell us about the which column in your excel file have what value.

Will definitely help you with vlook and all.

If you check the XL help file, it should help a lot on how to use the VLOOKUP function. Or the function wizard...

Back