• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Scatter chart Power BI dynamic axis with slicer

tanvirabid2

Hi everyone,

I have the following data and I am making a scatter chart. The current chart is showing Equity on the X-axis and Liabilities on the Y-axis. I want the axis to be dynamic based on changes in the slicer. Right now, I am comparing Equity and Liabilities. The size of the bubble is based on the rating. Legend is the company i.e. company name. I want to find out if there is a way to build a slicer that would change the X and Y axis based on the selection. For instance, the hypothetical slicer would look like:
  • Equity and Liabilities (Equity on X-axis and Liabilities on the Y-axis).
  • Equity and Debt (Equity on X-axis and Debt on the Y-axis).
  • Revenue and Turnover (Revenue on X-axis and Turnover on the Y-axis).
  • Turnover and Liabilities (Turnover on X-axis and Liabilities on the Y-axis).
The following are the screenshots of the current scatter chart. Also attached is my excel data file. Is there a DAX workaround that can make the chart switch based on the slicers. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• scatter help sample.png
    scatter help sample.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Scatter help.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 5
No there isn't. You will need to create two separate visual/page and then control which one is visible via Bookmark function in PowerBI.

There are other ways, but will require you to create your own custom visual from scratch (which I don't recommend in this case, as there is reasonable workaround already within tool-set).

Back