• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Rotating Shift autogenerator

Oluwayinka

Greetings, I have a question about rotating shift work schedules so that the staff's shifts are generated automatically. Please let me know how I can accomplish this as I am a novice in Excel.

This is it. The working days are 12 staff, 7 days a week, but staff will be given time off once during the week and once during the weekend. These are the shifts. M, A, N, D, OFF. They stand for morning, afternoon, night, day, and OFF days, which can be assigned to anyone at random, with the OFF days occurring once per weekday and once per weekend.

Second, two of these twelve staff members do not receive N, so they receive a D in lieu of N, with no more than two D per week for individuals. That's four D for these two staffs in a week. They still get their OFF.

Third, anyone who has a N on a given day must have an OFF the following day while still considering the OFF conditions.

Sample in the attached image

Please can i do this in Excel? Can you guide or assist me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-212016.png
    Screenshot_20230206-212016.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Oluwayinka
You should able to send a sample Excel-file,
which shows some sample data as well as expected results.
Is it really one Week schedule?
Hello vletm, Thanks for trying to assist. i have only one sample and that's the screen shot attached. yes it's weekly but i also want to be able to do it monthly.

Back