• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Report Macros Issue. Help!

DiHa9

Hi all,

I am very new to VBA and i was trying to create some simple transaction reports.

I created the Macro to first sort the data from the big table on the left into income and Expenses and sum the up if there are more than one line with the same Expense/Income type. And this part of the code works fine as you can see from the picture above. (This is Sheet9)

What i want to do next is take the results from this two smaller tables and display the into a type of Income & Expense report on Sheet1.

The issue is as you can see that the report displays all the individual income inputs but when it comes to the expenses it displays all the expenses except the last one.

The code i have written is as follows:

>>> use code - tags <<<
Code:
Sub Report3()
'Income & Expense Report
Dim LastTransRow As Long, LastIncRow As Long, LastExpRow As Long, RepRow As Long
With Sheet9
LastTransRow = .Range("A99999").End(xlUp).Row
'Income Result
.Range("C3:D" & LastTransRow).AdvancedFilter xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=.Range("J2:J3"), CopyToRange:=.Range("M2"), Unique:=True
LastIncRow = .Range("M99999").End(xlUp).Row
'Expense Results
.Range("C3:D" & LastTransRow).AdvancedFilter xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=.Range("K2:K3"), CopyToRange:=.Range("P2"), Unique:=True
LastExpRow = .Range("P99999").End(xlUp).Row
End With
With Sheet1
.Range("AD4").Value = "ACCOUNT"
.Range("AE4").Value = "AMOUNT"
.Range("AD5").Value = "INCOME"
.Range("AD6:AE" & LastIncRow + 3).Value = Sheet9.Range("M3:N" & LastIncRow).Value
RepRow = LastIncRow + 4 'Report Row
.Range("AD" & RepRow).Value = "TOTAL INCOME"
.Range("AE" & RepRow).Value = "=Sum(AE6:AE" & RepRow - 1 & ")"
.Range("AD" & RepRow + 1).Value = "EXPENSES"
.Range("AD" & RepRow + 2 & ":AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 1).Value = Sheet9.Range("P3:Q" & LastExpRow).Value 'Expense Data
.Range("AD" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 1).Value = "TOTAL EXPENSES"
.Range("AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 1).Value = "=Sum(AE" & RepRow + 2 & ":AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 2 & ")"
.Range("AD" & RepRow + LastExpRow).Value = "TOTAL PROFIT"
.Range("AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow).Value = .Range("AE" & RepRow).Value - .Range("AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 1).Value
Sheet1.Range("AE5:AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow).NumberFormat = "€ 0.00"
End With
End Sub

I have stated in the bold line to copy all inputs from P3:Q & LastExpRow but for some reason in doesnt work for the expenses.

Can some one help and point out as to what I am doing wrong here ?

Thank you very much in Advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DiHa9

As You've read ...
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.
from

Pivot table with timeline?
See attached.

Attachments

• Chandoo56760.xlsx
    158.8 KB · Views: 2
My apologies for the cross-posting. I am new to all this. This is my first time posting an issue.

Here is the answer from the other post I got :

You overwrite the last row with these lines:

Code:
.Range("AD" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 1).Value = "TOTAL EXPENSES"
.Range("AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 1).Value = "=Sum(AE" & RepRow + 2 & ":AE" & RepRow + LastExpRow - 2 & ")"
Again, my apologies for any inconvenience

Last edited by a moderator:
Back