• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Read Data from Web Form to Excel Sheet Using VBA

debmala

Hi Everyone,

I am new to VBA and I need to fetch values from following form into excel sheet. https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/estimator?LC=en-US

Once the user clicks on estimate, the exchange rate is displayed. The excel sheet will have column headings as the field names in the form.

In the form, The 'send amount' will be 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2500 and 7000. The 'From' Country will always be 'United States'. So the worksheet should be populated with all the possible selections in all the other fields of the form against 'united states' and their corresponding exchange rates.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Hi SirJB7,

I am still a newbie in VBA, so could not get a hold to use the code in http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/specific-data-and-html-beyond-excels-capabilities to solve my problem.

In my excel sheet, these is the first row:

From SendCurrency Destination Receiveoption 50 100

From the second row onwards, the sheet should be populated with form field values and exchange rates.

In the column A, the value will always the 'United States', as the sending country is always 'united States'.

In the column B, the value will always the 'US DOLLAR', as the sending currency is always 'US DOLLAR'.

Column E to Column F should store the exchange rates against the Amount mentioned in their corresponding column in Row1.

For example, for the destination country 'NIGERIA', this should be the output:

From SendCurrency Destination Receiveoption 50 100

UNITED STATES US DOLLAR NIGERIA 10 Minute Service - US Dollar 1 USD 1 USD

UNITED STATES US DOLLAR NIGERIA 10 Minute Service - NAIRA 156 NGN 156 NGN

And it should continue populating the sheet with exchange rates for all the other destination contries against their available receive options.

Please bear with me in case I am being too idiotic!

Hi Guys,

Thanks. Can you tell me how to modify and use the code in http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/specific-data-and-html-beyond-excels-capabilities to get above output.

Hi, debmala!

I'm bad news. MoneyGram site doesn't provide any downloadable information regarding exchange rates for money transfers. Just for making it easy, instead of creating a downloadable page with the parameters you entered in the Estimator page (on which it'd have been applied both methods used in the link I provided you) it uses a dynamic form (without changing the URL you posted) and it displays the info there. Sorry but as far as I know nothing can be done.

Regards!

The solution is to pilot IE but not for a VBA beginner …

You could see many exemples on the web.

Hi all,

Thanks for the help :)

Can you guys tell me how to pilot IE in this case? I badly need to get this work done :(

Hi, debmala!

If I were you I'd consider Marc L's suggestion but not by yourself, take care of its advise, it's not a job for VBA beginners. I think it's a complex job that it's harder to be explained or assisted from here than to develop the actual solution, which in fact it'll require an amount of time that it's off my schedule for the time being. Maybe someone else who read this might be able to help you further.

Regards!

Back