• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

PowerPivot Groups Hierarchy levels vs. Drilldown

Shane Aldrich

Hi All… Is this even possible??? I’d like to have a slicer that displays hierarchy levels by grouping. In the example, there are 4 sheets…

PowerView1 – an example that someone helped by build, I’d say this can be ignored, but not sure if anything will break…

Tables – the data that’s been loaded into the data model…

“Good_Pivot” – this pivot “works” in that the formulas are calculating correctly, but I’d like to get away from a pivot table layout that requires me to expand as I drill down into hierarchy level…

“Bad_Pivot” this sheet functions as I like with levels, meaning if I want to see a groupings results, I click the desired level, and that’s all that displays. Unfortunately, the formulas for targets/attainment are not calculating correctly.

I’ve made several attempts at tweaking other formulas versions, but no luck…

My gut is telling me I need to use a iscrossfiltered function, but maybe not…

My first post….any help is greatly appreciated,

Shane

Attachments

• Power_Pivot_Learning_6.xlsx
    782.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi ,

Anything to do with Power Pivot , please mention whether it was created in Excel 2010 or in Excel 2013 , since models developed in the latest version of Excel will not be updated in Excel 2010 ; it will save those who do not have Excel 2013 some trouble.

For others , this has been developed in Excel 2013.

Narayan

Morning Narayan....thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to include in future posts...apologies. Yes it was developed in Excel 2013...

Thanks again,

Shane

Back