• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Query and Power Pivot Sort by Expiry /Review dates

sanjai

Hi

Please see attached table - have created power pivot using power query from an excel file and created power pivots by departments as you will see in the tabs

We are trying to highlight the expiry/ review dates in col H and sort them to the top of the pivot tables by Name IN COL A
The pivot doesn't allow me to do so so i created a conditional formula to highlight the expiry dates.

As above we want to sort them at the top ie expiry dates at the top of each name.

Had to create a Master sheet table which does allow me to do this with a Macro "Sort" and slicer with Departments

Please see attached files - and if any one could point me in the right direction or help adjust files

Kind Regards

Sanjai

Attachments

• Training & Competencies Master.xlsm
    199.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Training & Competencies.xls
    230 KB · Views: 0
You can't. Since you have all fields in Row fields. Child field can only be sorted within context of parent field.
Meaning Expiry / Review Date will only sort within each parent ID / License field.

Looking at your source data of Pivot Table, "Lookuptable", and how your Pivots are structured. There is really no point in using Pivot table in this case. You are not performing any aggregation of the data and just displaying table as is, but sliced to different segments.

Just sort your table using multi-level sort, and add slicer to the table itself.

Back