• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot view

GN0001

Hello team,

I have enrolled in Power Pivot class with Chandoo.

My Microsoft Excl is 2010. In my add-in list, I only have Power Pivot, Power Pivot view option is not there.

Based on the instruction of Chandoo, I have downloaded the power pivot view feature.

The name of application is being shown as Microsoft Office Excel Viewer. Are Power Pivot View and Microsoft Office Excel Viewer same thing?

Regards,
Guity

Hi Guity,

Power View is a separate feature that is part of Excel 2013. I do not think it is available for Excel 2010.

Hi Guity,

Power View is a separate feature that is part of Excel 2013. I do not think it is available for Excel 2010.
Hi Guity,

Hello Chandoo,

On your video, you are showing that how to add Power Pivot to Microsoft Excel and along with that, power view comes.

I can see in the video (first session), your Microsoft Excel 2010 has power view in addition to Power Pivot. Having said that, It is available to Excel 2010.

I go to Microsoft.Com and I go exactly where your video shows to download the Power Pivot 2010 for 64 bits. It takes me to a link: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Power Pivot for Microsoft Excel 2010. Is it the right place? Can you please verify it.

This is where I go:
Download PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel as your video shows.

Thank you for your help.
GN0001

Hi Guity,

I think in that video I was using Excel 2013. As far as I know or remember, Power View is a feature in 2013. MS has few beta releases for older versions (again not sure).

Hi Guity,

I think in that video I was using Excel 2013. As far as I know or remember, Power View is a feature in 2013. MS has few beta releases for older versions (again not sure).

Hello Chandoo,
Yes, in your video, you show more Excel 2010 and I can see that you have power view in 2010. My Excel 2010 has power pivot by default which I checked, but it doesn't have power view and when I want to download it from the link that you suggest us to download from take us to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Power Pivot for Microsoft Excel 2010.

Are Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 related to Power Pivot in Excel?

Back