• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot Previous Amount and Current Amount

Kamo

Hi everyone, @Chihiro @GraH - Guido ,

In my thread here, I opted for the Power Pivot solution kindly provided by Chihiro

In the continuity of the previous file, I added a table with the values of the previous month.
I added this new table to the data model and with a simple measure to get the total amount at the end of the previous month (here at 30/06/2020)

However, when I put the measure into the Power Pivot, it creates a total per year.

How to get please, only one column with in title for example: "Total Amount M-1" (see picture and Excel file attached)

Thank you in advance for your help

Attachments

• Final Sample Pivot Table.xlsx
    446.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Power Pivot_V2.jpg
    Power Pivot_V2.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi, I'm without Excel for the moment, a bit hard to tell. Are you using a date table? Also why having another table for the values of the previous month?
Maybe use PQ to combine both tables and load a single table to the data model. Then use the time dimension functions. Dax has functions for previous period, parallel period, etc.

Hi Grah - Guido :),

Thank you for this very pertinent advices

I had also thought of a version to combine the tables (see "Pivot Table With Combine" tab of the file)
It would be necessary to modify all the Dax formulas created by Chihiro but I admit that it's a bit complicated for me. I'm a beginner and I know the basics of DAX,

Adding a calendar table is a good idea even if I don't have any very complex analysis
I just did it but I don't know where to connect exactly, to the column "Fallen On" or "Export to"...!!
It would also be necessary to modify all the measures, also, I'm blocking a bit….

Have a nice day.

Attachments

• Final Sample Pivot Table_V3.xlsx
    734 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back