• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power pivot /power bi desktop publishing questions

Lolo

Hello,

I'm an It guy, but I work inside a business team,
and I provide dashboards to my users, and currently, a main part of dashboards are made on Excel and published on a sharepoint.
I am limited on the tools I can use. Excel is the main one (We also have Qlikview, but for some reasons, we need to continue some dashboards in excel...)

I am very interested about power pivot, and my company is migrating to Excel 2013, So now power pivot will be installed by default on a lot of computers :)

But If I understand very well the benefits I could get from it personally, I don't really know how I could share the dashboards with "my" users.
* What are the different startegies to publish a power pivot dashboard ?
* Can I simply put the Excel/power pivot file on a network location ?
* We have a sharepoint, so Am I able to publish an excel/power pivot file easily ?
* What about the size of a power pivot dashboard, if I have 5 or 10 millions of lines of data ? It could be a problem on the sharepoint (we are limited to 100 mo)
* How can I schedule the refresh of the dashboards ? I know it seems it possible with sharepoint, but :
- Do I need to contact my IT team in order to see with them how could we proceed ? The problem is that they are not aware of power pivot, and they don't care about it...
- Is it

In summary, before going more into details of the product, I'm searching some users feedback about a real use in a company.
Thank you in advance.

Another point is power bi desktop. It could be an option for me to use it. It seems very promising. but I have exactly the same question as above.
* And do I need an internal web server (a portal) where I will publish the dashboards ? Is it free ?

Back